Michigan’s 2020-21 Return to School Roadmap (MI Safe Schools) identifies six phases:
1. Schools do not open for in-person instruction and instruction is provided remotely (MI Safe Start Phases 1-3).
2. Schools open for in-person instruction with more stringent required safety protocols (MI Safe Start Phase 4).
3. Schools open for in-person instruction with moderately required safety protocols (MI Safe Start Phase 5).
4. Schools open for in-person instruction with minimal required safety protocols (MI Safe Start Phase 6).
MI Safe Schools outlines the same guidelines and expectations throughout each of its phases, starting with stringent and becoming increasingly more relaxed as we move from phase 1 to phase 6. These guidelines and expectations are related to:
· Instruction · Professional Development · Technology
· Personal Protective Equipment · Hygiene
· Spacing, Movement and Access · Screening students, staff and guests
· Responding to Positive Cases · Facilities · Cleaning
· Communications and Family Supports
· Medically Vulnerable Students and Staff
· Food Service, Gathering, and Extracurricular Activities
· Busing and Student Transportation · Athletics
View the full guide here: